Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 12, 2012

TRX Workout: Check!

um, I won't be able to feel my arms, legs and abs tomorrow. After a particularly good, but busy day (first team unit started to onboard today - woot for Toronto!), I headed to the gym for a "TRX Try-Out". Uh huh. Javier, who is lovely, took us through a boot camp session with the TRX. Funny enough, I still can't do anything involving triceps, and I am feeling out of it and simply blah.

I think this session just proved I need to start moving more regularly. To be honest, this last week and a half, I haven't worked out as much as I should have, or as much as I need to. Today I start over. Fall down seven times, get up eight times, right Tim? and I'm feeling pudgy. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my oat-fudge bar that I 'had' to get this morning. NOTHING.

On a bright, somewhat surprising note, Javier, the trainer, was pretty good - he made some wisecracks to one chick about the workout: "I can't tell you how much you'll get out of it - that is up to you and how hard you want to work". SNAP! We were doing some pushups, and ab-y bridges when Javier said, "let's have a challenge!" And he asked us to do 'atomic push-ups' which is trainer code for 'sucker, you will cry'. I didn't, and I pushed myself and did 'em. so there.

This was also only my second full TRX session ever. The people in the class seem nice enough, if slightly quiet (We'll fix that). It wasn't so bad, and I will definitely work the 2/week sessions into my workouts while I'm in Toronto. BEST OUTCOME: I really need my classes to keep me motivated, challenged and accountable. I don't know why. I'll think about it then let ya know ;) Or tell me - leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment