Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 4, 2010

The First "Really" Week of Training

As CM said, do exactly the opposite of what you did before. This morning, I got up at 4:50, ate a banana, went to my basement and worked out. I did my running per CM's training plan and attempted to get through the strength program twice. I was almost successful. I got super nauseous and weak half way through my second interval of strength training. So I went upstairs, ate some dry cereal and drank some apple juice and waited. Then the chills started.

The husband's been fighting strep throat since NYE. We canceled our party and stayed in bed. Perhaps I should have stayed in a different bed. I'm really hoping this doesn't become strep in my first week. That said, he felt way worse than I do today, plus I've been popping a load of Cold FX - let's see if it worked.

My sister and her brood were here over the weekend - B, the five year old, played this 'game' where she would stand in front of us and declare a winner. Actually, she'd just nominate one the "the winner" and then pull the winner up 'on stage' to congratulate him/her. We didn't win anything, except the jeers of the 'audience', namely, K & S. B would then state, "And now it's time for me to announce the Really Winner", and she'd pick one of my cats (who were not impressed - just sayin').

B's story has nothing to do with running or the Bermuda Triangle, but it did give me a funny title for the post. So there.


No comments:

Post a Comment