Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 5, 2010

Second Race Complete! and a new PR!!

Ran the CBI Hustle for Hunger 5k yesterday with my friend/coworker, Jessica, and we did amazing!! well, I did amazing... she slowed down for me and actually kept me running - it was awesome.

the deal with Candice was this: I had to run at LEAST 20 mins straight and for every minute after the first 20, I could have a treat of my choice (I chose Easter Cream Eggs, of course). the day of the race, I got up early and had breakfast with Don and then headed to the race venue (downtown along the river). When I got there, Jessica found me and we paced the inner sanctum of Eau Claire Market. Lise and Dan even showed up pre-race to wish us well! how awesome is that???

We ran the 20 minutes, no problem. then we ran another 3 mins (Jess has this belief that you can do anything for 2 minutes. My watch doesn't do 2 mins, so we did our thing for 3 minutes). At 3 mins, i had to walk because I needed to blow my nose. gross. and no, i didn't pull a farmer blow - i brought my kleenex this time. Let's all give a whoot-whoot to the race kit.

After that minute, we ran the rest of the way ... I think. I'm pretty sure we did, but I'm second guessing - Jess, did we walk another minute somewhere in there? whatevs. it was awesome. We sprined the last 40meters or so and finished up at 33:54 (jess) and 33:56ish for me (my time wasn't on the official list). it felt great. So mileage is going up hard starting this week - I have a 10k scheduled for the second week of May. yikes.
So thanks to Jess for coming out and making me book it. Happy Easter to everyone. I gotta go feed the puppy. he's a biter! xox from Bernie.
h.

No comments:

Post a Comment