Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 8, 2010

First Run is this Saturday

A bit freaked out that I'm running my first race this coming weekend - it's only a 5k,  but I'm still nervous. I think the pants are getting looser - I did officially lose close to 5 lbs over vacation. A bit of bronchitis is always a good thing to kill your appetite!

The running hasn't been so good - given the sickly grossness of phlegm, but i'm still committed to doing this crazy race year thing. I am looking forward to fitting into my true religion jeans again. have I mentioned that before? I also bought the biggest loser last chance workout which I'm going to try tomorrow morning - I'll let you know if it's good or crap.

The olympics were incredible! Vancouver was so much fun. We may follow the Olympics every four years now - Don was hilarious - like a kid, really. (I know, you're thinking, heather, he's always like that, but this was heightened, if you can imagine!!!).

Revelstoke is not a ski hill for the faint of heart. I was not really happy with the the pitch of that mountain - and it's not marked very well either. After one day of what I was told were blue runs (they seemed more black to me), I decided to sit my coughing self in the day lodge and read. Could you imagine if I fell and broke my leg or arm and I'm three months into this running business? I am pretty sure a lot of people would not be impressed.

k, off to get ready for work. Miss hearing from you all - will post a funnier blog soon!!! xoxox, h.

No comments:

Post a Comment